After installing a couple of games and apps, Android tells you that you are out of storage space. So you head on to ebay and buy the largest sd card your credit card can buy. You slap in your brand new sd card and head on to install more apps, only to find out you still have no storage space left despite moving apps to sd card.
Android tablets in general, has a different directory structure compared to Android phones. Mine has 504MB for apps (in system), 2.67Gb internal storage (sdcard), and mounts external sd cards as (extsd). By default, external sd cards (extsd) are only used for media storage. Unfortunately, apps only recognizes sdcard, so your media files will still need to be transferred to internal storage for it to be played. What's the point?
This hack will swap the position of the internal sd card to the external one you bought earlier.
1. Using any file manager (Root Explorer), navigate to /etc.
2. Copy vold.fstab to root of your extsd and transfer to pc.
3. Using a text editor (Notepad), edit the following lines:
dev_mount sdcard /mnt/sdcard auto /devices/virtual/block/nand1
dev_mount extsd /mnt/extsd auto /devices/platform/sunxi-mmc.1/mm_host /devices/platform/sw_hcd_host0 /devices/platform/sw-ohci.1 /devices/plaform/sw-ohci.2
dev_mount extsd /mnt/sdcard auto /devices/virtual/block/nand1
dev_mount sdcard /mnt/extsd auto /devices/platform/sunxi-mmc.1/mm_host /devices/platform/sw_hcd_host0 /devices/platform/sw-ohci.1 /devices/plaform/sw-ohci.2
5. Copy edited vold.fstab file back to /etc.
6. Reboot. Done!
MAKING LIFE EASIER
Sergey_F1 has made the process easier for novice users by creating a script for Allwinner Tablets in this link.
1. Download the script (updated for all Allwinner devices)
2. Unpack .zip file
3. Connect tablet to pc in usb debugging mode, do not mount sd card!
4. If Windows asks for drivers, install this in 32-bit or 64-bit
5. Run SDvue.exe, Enter.
6. Tablet will reboot. Remove cable.