Here is the instruction from Futeko.com that I used. (Download link at the bottom)
- Please note that the update wipes the tablet's internal storage and starts from scratch. So you will lose all downloaded Apps and data. If neccesary back up your data first!
- Firmware must be flashed using a Windows application called Livesuit. Download it from the link to the left.
- Once downloaded, and before attaching your tablet to your PC, run the file 'LiveSuitPack_v1.07.exe' from within the Livesuit folder. This should install a new device on your system (VID_1f3a_PID_efe8). This device may show with an exclamation mark in Windows Device Manager, this doesn't matter and can be ignored.
- Now download the firmware image you want to install. Firmwares are linked to in the downloads section to the left. After decompressing the archive you will end up with a .img file (e.g. 'sun4i_crane_t01a_0.8.1_20120224.img'). This is the firmware/ROM image that you are going to flash (or copy) to the tablet.
- Without attaching your tablet to your PC run 'LiveSuit.exe' from within the Livesuit folder. You should get an application with 6 icons.
- You will be asked if you want to be guided through the process, select no.
- Click on the leftmost icon (a cube), browse to your downloaded firmware image, and select it.
- Turn the tablet completely off. The tablet should be off throughout the update process.
- Now attach your tablet to your PC by USB cable whilst holding down the volume+ button on the top. Straight after attaching the cable, and whilst still holding down the volume+ button, start pressing the tablet power button repeatedly (approx 1 press per second for 10 seconds is enough). This procedure puts the tablet into update mode.
- After a few seconds a window will pop up on your PC asking if you want to perform a forced firmware update. You can release volume+ at this point. Select yes. You will be asked if you're sure. Select yes.
- The update will start and will take take approx 3 minutes to complete. You will see a % complete progress bar during the process and will get a dialog saying OK when it's done.
- Turn your tablet on and you will have the new firmware.
Here's the link of Eken T01a latest (June 2012) firmware I uploaded.